- Riiminka and Aleksiina Design's products are manufactured in their own production facilities as local production here in Finland: in Jyväskylä, Fiskars, Tampere and Ylöjärvi.
- Ecological and ethical activities guide product design and manufacturing.
-In our opinion, a domestic product in Finland can only be manufactured in Finland. You can see the country of manufacturer from the washing instructions tag of every product.
- Our employees are highly skilled and educated adults.
- The pricing of products does not use arbitrary guesswork, but in production, including costs and margins, the right price is created for the product at which they are put up for sale.
-Products are manufactured in suitable quantities according to sales. Therefore, we have no need for seasonal discount sales. The selling price of our products is already at the right and reliable level.
- Fabrics made mainly of natural fibers and, where possible, organic are used as raw materials for textile products. The materials are sourced from Finland or at least from the EU.
- Printed products are printed in Finland. The inks and jewelry paints used in individual image prints are water-soluble and non-toxic.
- In jewelry, we use birch and oak plywood made in Finland. Other types of wood for jewelry also come from Finnish manufacturers.
- All textile products from Riiminka and Aleksiina Design have a washing and ironing instruction sheet sewn into the product. In the online store, basic information can be found in connection with the product.
-In stores, you will also receive additional oral care instructions and tips as needed, for example on the care of jewelery.
- You can also ask for more instructions in stores or send us an email.
- Textile products are not packaged in plastic at any stage of production or delivery. We use materials made of paper and cardboard for shipments. (We still found a box of plastic mail bags and used them up. So the package might be plastic occasionally.)
Riiminka & Aleksiina Design products are high quality handmade products. We only deliver inspected intact products. Of course, human mistakes happen in life. If the product breaks down for a qualitative reason within a reasonable time after commissioning, we will inspect the broken products and, if necessary, replace them with new ones or repair the product to a new one. We will not replace or replace products that have been damaged by the customer at no charge.
- Waste is properly sorted and the amount of mixed waste is actively reduced. We sort all waste in accordance with local waste management in Jyväskylä and Tampere.
USED AND BROKEN PRODUCTS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
- The broken clothes and bags of our customers Riiminka and Aleksiina Design can be repaired in our sewing shop, if it is possible for the product and it becomes reasonably priced.
- All the Riiminka and Aleksiina Design textiles can be returned to the RIIMINKA & Aleksiina Design stores at the end of their service life.
- Riiminka & Aleksiina Design stores accept customers' good condition, clean and intact Riiminka and Aleksiina Design products for resale. The resale compensation is 30% and the remaining price can be used by the customer in connection with the purchase of a new Riiminka or Aleksiina Design product. The sales price of the used product can be determined by the customer.
- Transport is handled mainly by the carbon-neutral services of Posti and other transport companies (whenever provided by Posti or someone else). We will compensate for the remaining deliveries in the future.
CARBON FOR ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Our annual carbon footprint on March 5, 2020 is:
26.0 t CO2eq
The largest emissions come from the district heating, electricity consumption and business travel we include between the two production facilities and the two RIIMINKA & Aleksiina Design stores (people + transport of goods). The trips are mainly made by train (about 78,000km / year) and by car (28,000km / year). In electricity, we will switch entirely to renewable energy for commercial premises and we will still have our mark on it. The final calculations will be completed during the spring and in May we will offset the remaining carbon with emissions trading.
Due to exceptional circumstances, we will not calculate coal for the period 2020-2022, as this would give a really wrong and drastically reduced calculation compared to our normal operations. We prefer to be honest in calculations